The 4-H Wildlife Stewards program is committed to maintaining the privacy of all visitors to its website, as described in this privacy statement.
Information we collect and how we use it
The 4-H Wildlife Stewardsl website offers some information to the general public that does not require registration for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide When you register as a member through the website, we ask you for personal information, such as your name, address, email address and other membership information.
- Cookies When you visit the 4-H Wildlife Stewards website as a registered member, we may send one or more cookies, which is a small file containing a string of characters to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser.
- Log information When you access the 4-H Wildlife Stewards Members Only section, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit the website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications When you send email or other communications to the 4-H Wildlife Stewardsl, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing services to our members, including the display of customized content.
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services.
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our server.
- Developing new services.
- Choices for personal information
When you register for 4-H Wildlife Stewards membership, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, we will subsequently ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, access to the 4-H Wildlife Stewards Members Only section may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to 4-H Wildlife Stewards employees and approved contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use the 4-H Wildlife Stewards Members Only section, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services, such as offline data retention, have different procedures to access, correct or delete users personal information.
You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data on the 4-H Wildlife Stewards website by contacting us either by email, phone or post. By declining to submit personal information online for 4-H Wildlife Stewards Online Membership, some online services may not be available to you.
4-H Wildlife Stewards
Sunnyside Environmental School
3421 SE Salmon 1209
Portland, OR 97214